Warranty Period and Target Audience Terms
The warranty is automatically registered when the original buyer orders and then receives the product from our online store , and applies only to the original purchaser.
Subject to certain limitations, new products purchased directly from FUNBIKE are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship ("Manufacturer's Defects") for a period of two years from the date of purchase or delivery, whichever is later ("Warranty Period"). Replacement parts used under the Warranty will be warranted for the applicable Warranty Period.
As for warranty transfers, an e-bike transferee will only be entitled to a warranty if both of the following conditions are met:
1. The 2-year package has not expired since the initial owner received it.
2. the new owner has the name of the initial purchaser and the original order number.
As part of the new e-bike warranty, we will provide a full replacement with free shipping for any defective parts/components within the first 30 days of purchase. after 30 days, the customer is responsible for all return shipping costs. This warranty applies only to new products, parts and components manufactured, assembled and sold by Funbike. The following parts are covered under this warranty and are not affected by manufacturer's defects
- Drive unit
- Mechanical components
- Electrical components
What is not included in warranty
- Racing or competition use, modification of original parts, abnormal strain.
- Water damage.
- Lack of proper maintenance as described in the Owner's Manual, installation of parts or accessories that are not equivalent in design and quality to FUNBIKE parts. ("Incompatible Parts").
- Use of lubricants that are not suitable for use on electric bicycles.
- Damage caused by accidents, collisions, road hazards or operation on surfaces not traditionally used by e-bikes (e.g. stairs); damage caused by external factors (e.g. salty air or salt water, bird droppings or chemicals).
- Commercial applications, such as transporting goods, delivering newspapers and rentals.
- Temporary degradation of power or distance that can be traveled on a single charge due to operating conditions such as ambient temperature, load, gradient, frequent starts and stops, and normal system protection features such as and temperature-related performance of the battery charger, as described in the Owner's Manual.
- Normal degradation, including a gradual reduction in battery capacity during the warranty period, provided that the battery capacity remains at 50% or more of the initial capacity by the end of the warranty period and the total number of battery charge cycles is 200 or less. Other normal degradation includes the natural fading of painted or plated surfaces and the appearance of ozone or weather cracking of tires.
- Any non-warranty work performed in conjunction with a warranty repair/replacement will be charged the normal parts/labor rate.
The following conditions will void this warranty.
- The product is loaned, rented or commercially leased.
- Damage caused by the use of a third party's battery charger.
- Loss or damage caused by the customer's choice of their own shipping method or the use of a freight forwarder or similar service for the bike.
- Products that have been altered without Rice's approval.
- Products that have been altered or to which non-original or incompatible parts have been added.
- Products that have been damaged or malfunctioned due to weather or excessive wear and tear.
- Theft, robbery, vandalism, collateral, consequential or intentional damage, and damage caused by customer abuse or neglect of the product.
- Improper use or transportation of the product (e.g., exceeding the maximum recommended weight).
Damage to the product caused by improper maintenance (e.g. storing the battery fully discharged during the winter)
- Products with electrical components that have been opened, altered, partially or completely disassembled, except by Juiced or its authorized service providers.
- The product has been disassembled in a manner not authorized by us, or attempted to be repaired by someone not authorized by us.
- Products that have been damaged as a result of improper adjustment or maintenance.
Warranty Terms Specific to Electric Bicycles
We warrant all new electric bicycles and their essential components sold by authorized Funbike Bikes retailers against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship on all electrical components for a period of two years from the date of original retail purchase.
This warranty applies to any basic e-bike component found to be defective, provided that the product was used in a standard and controlled manner and was maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's instruction manual. Essential components include the bicycle frame, electric motor, battery, display and controller.
Corrosion of electrical components is not covered by the warranty. You should dry the contacts of the battery and other electrical components to prevent corrosion and oxidation. If needed, use an electrical contact cleaner to keep the connections clean. In extreme weather (for example, in communities where roads are salted in winter), you can apply battery terminal grease as a precautionary measure.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY NATURE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTIES RELATED TO THE PRODUCTS. ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. ALL WARRANTIES, WRITTEN, ORAL, OR IMPLIED, ARE EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE PERIOD AND TERM OF THIS WARRANTY. THE LAWS OF SOME REGIONS REQUIRE DIFFERENT OR LONGER TERMS FOR WARRANTIES OR PROHIBIT CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES. THIS WARRANTY PROVIDES THE CUSTOMER WITH SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE, COUNTRY TO COUNTRY, OR REGION TO REGION.
Proof of purchase is required before a warranty claim is processed.
- Warranty Claims
All claims to this warranty must be made through us and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of purchase and photos or videos of the damaged product is required to be submitted alongside any warranty request. Before making a warranty claim, you are encouraged to contact Mee via email@example.com, as there may be a simple fix for your problem that does not necessitate filing a claim. Valid warranty claims made within 2 years of initial purchase will be processed through Mee.
A deposit is required to replace the LCD display, motor, controller, and/or battery, which will be refunded in full upon receiving the parts that need to be replaced.
We will not replace any part without first seeing photos or video of the damaged product. Customers must provide this evidence by email.
Attention: FUNBIKE will offer free components and replacement parts (while shipping fees are not included), and any installation fees will not be covered by US without the after-sales team's authorization.
- Shipping Damage Claims
In rare instances, the item received may be damaged during transportation. If shipping damage occurs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with photo or video proof.
No free accessories are eligible for replacement or compensation if they are scratched during transportation.
NOTICE: We will not accept shipping damage claims filed more than 7 days after receipt of any products.